One of our clients in the Investment industry is looking for a Senior Consultant to join their Johannesburg team. The ideal candidate should have a mixture of development, business analysis, project management, pre-sales and implementation experience. They should be comfortable running a large and complex implementation project and dealing with all associated issues. The role involves extensive travel and can involve spending up to 5 days per week on a Client site within the EMEA region.
The responsibilities of the Senior Consultant include:
- Co-managing multiple implementation projects
- Interpreting workflow analysis documents and the conversion of these documents into specifications for the organizations IMS configuration
- Providing on-going communication and evaluation of project status
- Providing a single point of contact for a client
- Have superior client facing skills
- Undertaking the daily execution of the project plan steps
- Ensuring that a client’s needs are understood and documented
- Providing proactive leadership in a client’s utilization of the organizations services
- Facilitating conference calls & meetings with other consultants product experts
- Communicating pertinent information on upgrades and major releases
- Managing training and consulting resource requests
- Monitoring and assisting with the issue escalation process
- Responding to additional product requests
- Managing the co-ordination of work undertaken by the organizations representatives
- Maintain a general awareness of industry changes/trends
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar role implementing financial systems.
• Strong Front Office experience (order management, dealing with Fund Managers/Traders)
• Applications experience
• Good Investment Management and market instrument knowledge – Front Office workflows; Fixed Income/derivatives, Equity, etc.
• Some technical knowledge, ideally SQL.
• Experience dealing with users or clients from either a technical or business area
• Comfortable making presentations covering business, technical or sales
• Project Management experience is desirable
• Fluency in a second European Language is highly desirable
• University degree – ideally in a Finance or Technology discipline.
For more information about the role please contact Jeannine Pearse at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116850740